Thursday, October 27, 2016

Thank you Deb Purcell


Thank you Deb Purcell for sharing your blog with us... we know all the hard work you have put in.

Deb has been in our adult kickboxing program for over a year,,  (Joining her son Mathew and Daughter Gabby who train in our Martial Arts Classes) She understands what we encourage to teach our students.  

Make working out a lifestyle not a competition....!!!!!!.....

Read below



 



                                                           Deb a year ago.

Deb writes:

"Ok so I have been in the customer service / hospitality business long enough to know that 1 rude person on the phone that leads to a bad day can't keep me down...you have to get back up, start again and move on.  With that being said, today is and new day and I will not waste 1 more minute on being upset over it.  2 years ago  when I lost my mother I went thru the worst time in my life.  I lost my mom, my best friend, a piece of my heart and soul.   I was also going thru a lot of personal things that most didn't even know about.  I became VERY depressed, gained ALOT of weight and was very unhappy with myself BUT every day I always got up, got dressed put a smile on my face and hid my pain.  At night after everyone was asleep I usually stayed up crying alone ( sometimes Matthew heard me and got up and sat with me...God bless him).  1 day I woke up and decided that I wanted my life back, I truly wanted to be happy again, I wanted to have me back.  I put my my mind to it and to this day I still am driven.  Someone asked me who I'm doing this for....I'm doing it for ME!!  I'm not doing it to impress anyone, beat anyone, I'm not in competition with anyone other than myself!  I simply want to be a better person than I was the day before.  And now with that being said I will not let "yesterday" bring me down...I'm a fighter, I've come a long way and when life knocks me down you can bet that I'll get back up on my feet again! At one point I would have been embarrassed to post this picture but this is/was me and I'm proud of ME! My mother was the strongest woman I knew and I just want to make her proud.   ❤ Roberta Sazin❤"

- Deb Pursell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments